Liability(Reprise)


Lorde patches up the injuries she created in "Liability" with the reprise. As previously mentioned, Lorde creates a self-deprecating image of herself in "Liability." In this track, she heals. 






“But you’re not what you thought you were”

Lorde speaks to herself in the context of being a burden to others. All of these harmful thoughts have been created in her mind. I find this relatable because we often overthink others' actions. We fail to believe that others truly love us because of the mistrust we have faced in the past. I think this is ample connotation for the last few songs in this album. She dug that hole, and she got out of it. Maybe this is a lesson to be learned for everyone. Healing from the past takes time. And life gets better.

Maybe I like this song because it makes me reflect on my life. Or because it's catchy. Nevertheless, it's magnificent. 


Comments

Popular Posts