Homemade Dynamite

Lorde blows **** up with homemade dynamite with SZA, Khalid, and Post Malone on the third track of her album Melodrama. The lively song has made quite an appearance, but the numbers don't align. The collaboration on this song is underrated and deserves more recognition. Although the chorus is similar to a rudimentary pop song, the features complete it. Many people dislike this song, and I agree that it is at the bottom of my rankings. However, it is still an impressive track. Most Melodrama songs are at a top-tier position, so this song is just a little below that. It has a surface-level implication, but the psychedelic vibe is unbeatable.



"Homemade Dynamite" is also a perfect linkage to the theme of this series: Teenage Fever. I can envision myself riding in a car with the windows open on a lukewarm summer night in California with this song playing on blast. It possesses the glorified sensation of being young and free and expresses the tender sentiment of being a teenager only once. Lorde never fails to do an excellent job of painting a scene with words and melody. As a teenager myself, I find this song liberating but also crushing because it's supposed to be what my life should feel like. Maybe that's the magnificence of this song or just music in general. It romanticizes life to the point where you strive to achieve the emotion it emanates. 


Listen Here!


I'm not afraid to share this because I'm not comparing Lorde to other artists. I'm only comparing her to herself. I already know that she is an eminent artist. And even though my currently released reviews are sour, the incoming ones will appropriately encapsulate Lorde's aptitude as an artist. 


Comments

Popular Posts